[simpits-tech] About F16 angle console....

Chris Woodul simpits-tech@simpits.org
Sun, 9 Jun 2002 22:18:07 -0500

Hi Rob,

Thank you for your words. I am honored to be here. I will clean up some
data, and send them to you or Gene or whomever you think can post this data
to the site. I think that this data will be quite useful. The funny part is,
so many of us have found access to the jet. Its all there right in front of
us. I just happen to work with them professionally, and happen to be located
in the town where the things are made.
I have worked on High Fidelity Simulated ( and flight worthy)  F-16s..the
following models:
F-16A Block 15
F-16C Block 40
F-16C Block 50/52
F-16C Blcok 60
F-16MLU

( lots of other aircraft platforms too, but we have lots of Viper fans here)

I also have a V-22 instrument panel and glaresheild with a center pedestal,
that I would like to do something simulated with..but I dont know of any
software yet that supports that kind of flight. Any ideas out there? Any
thing that I have missed?

I look forward to seeing every post that comes into my computer. Its quite
addictive! I knew about this website for a long time, but I let my level of
activity at work preclude me from joining-------Big mistake. I really enjoy
the sense of comunity, even the sense of jelously ( which I often suffer) my
remedy for the jelousy is to befriend folks with cool toys so that I may
indeed play with them!
I know lots of folks with Vipers that I need to fly ( I did fly Phasers a
couple of weeks ago)
Genes F-15 is really kicking ass!
Matt Wietlespachs Masterpiece speaks for itself!
and all those incredible 737's and other comercial jets are calling my name
out.

Justin has sat in my F-111F simulator with the power turned on, and the Air
conditioning and cooling fans running. That plus the sound of the Gyros
running is a great feeling...dimming all the lights in the cockpit when  the
room is dark is something great to experience...but I have not had the time
to make it all ready to fly just yet.
Hence my joining this group. I am going to get it fully flying in the next
year or two if it kills me. I also have to pick a software package that will
support my strange aircraft ( read: lots of gauges and those pesky swing
wings)
I want to watch a runway disapear under my nose and turn out in full burner
in my pit so bad I cant stand it.
But as we all know, in this fanatacal hobby, patience is a virtue ( so is
being single, but I failed that one on my wedding day)

Cheers to all and I look forward to those posts coming in!

Chris Woodul