[simpits-tech] Just Off The Workbench - Servo Driven Gauges!

Sean Galbraith simpits-tech@simpits.org
Mon, 03 Jun 2002 13:10:37 +1200

At 07:50 PM 6/2/02 -0400, you wrote:
>I am happy to have finished the first pilot run of servo driven gauges.
>These are only the round gauges.
>
>The picture does not do this baby justice, but you get the idea.

Geez Marv!  It's no wonder you've been quiet for a bit!
The attached picture is the 1" diameter OIL Pressure gauge for the F-16 and
>it is 4.25" deep.  All of these gauges are mechanically a drop in
>replacement for the real thing.  They can be installed from the front of the
>panel like the real gauge.  If you have real gauge clamps they will work,
>too.
>
>There will be all sizes of the round gauges available for the F-16.  There
>may be a possibility to do gauges for other aircraft, but the F-16 is first.

So does this include HSI/ADI? (I think the A-4k has F-16 ADI and HSI after
the "Kahu" upgrade)

Will you have some sort of PKD kit so that we can add our own gauge
faces?  (like a generic gauge which I could make into an A-4 ASI...)

Looks bloody marvelous, conratulations!

S.