[simpits-tech] Plotting a course to Stonehenge

Brian West. simpits-tech@simpits.org
Tue, 30 Jul 2002 22:58:37 +0200

Steve,   Can't give you a Lat and Long but forget Bristol, it's miles away.
 Find Bournemouth on the South Coast, go due North and you will see
Salisbury.
About 10 miles further North you will see Amesbury.
Turn West about three miles and Stonehenge is just off a major road (for
England) the A303.
Promise , I lived nearby when I was a kid.     Best regards, Brian West.
P.S.  Keep a look out for alien craft without nav lights.
-----Original Message-----
From: LT1_Z28 <lt1_z28@swbell.net>
To: Simpits List <simpits-tech@simpits.org>
Date: 29 July 2002 23:20
Subject: [simpits-tech] Plotting a course to Stonehenge

I was sitting here bored and got an idea. I want to fly my ultralight
over Stonehenge. Downloaded most of England, but I can't find the thing
to save my life. Does anyone know of any good way to find the place? I
know it's near Bristol, but it would be nice to have another VOR or
something that would line up with Stonehenge and Bristol fairly closely
so I can narrow it down a bit. Anyone have the right sectional handy?
--
Steve
lt1_z28@swbell.net http://www.mysticz28.org/