[simpits-tech] Joystick USB adapter?

Ido Dekkers simpits-tech@simpits.org
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 17:13:27 +0300

there are connectors like that but a cheap joystick will cost the same, and
some of the more advanced joysticks won't work with these adapters.
http://www.joy-stick.net/reviews/other/usbadapt.htm

Ido

             LT1_Z28
             <lt1_z28@swbell
             .net>                                                      To
             Sent by:                Simpits List
             simpits-tech-ad         <simpits-tech@simpits.org>
             min@simpits.org                                            cc

                                                                       bcc
             07/29/2002
             04:17 PM

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond          [simpits-tech] Joystick USB adapter?
             to simpits-tech

Is there such a thing as a USB adapter for normal analog joysticks? I
know they exist for things like printers, mice, keyboards, and other
lowly peripherals, but I have me an idea :) I'm thinking it might be
nice to hack up my Suncom (cheap) yoke, build another set of pedals and
a throttle quadrant, and wire them all into a couple of USB adapters.
It'll be a total of 8 analogs (pitch, roll, yaw, #1 throttle, #2
throttle, #1 fuel/prop pitch, #2 fuel/prop pitch) and 7 buttons (AP
disconnect, flaps, reverse thrust, gear, brakes, spoiler
deploy/retract). So I'd need 4 adapters. Or I could pick up some cheap
USB joysticks and hack 'em up. Might be cheaper that way. Hmm... those
Playstation clone gamepads have lots of buttons. That could work.

Damn I'm a cheap bastard ;)

On another note, I finally got around to messing with those Interactors
I got on Ebay a while back. Hooked it up to the rear channel on my sound
car, fired up X-Plane, grabbed the A320, and threw it into full reverse.
Rumbles quite nicely. Now if I can just figure out how to connect my
headset and build a decent quadrant I'll be much better.
--
Steve
lt1_z28@swbell.net http://www.mysticz28.org/