[simpits-tech] Back Again

Brian Sikkema simpits-tech@simpits.org
Sat, 27 Jul 2002 21:40:59 +0000

Hey guys,

Just got back from Ellsworth AFB. I got some time in a B-1B sim, as well as
a couple of trips into a B-1B pit. Unfortunately I couldn't get any pictures
of either, sorry. But it was a lot of fun! Oh, and I not only got to see the
functional part of the sim, but I got one of the contractors to give me a
tour of the actual brains running the simulator, which was pretty cool. A
company called NLX were the ones doing all the work, I told Dallas, the guy
showing me around, about our little site here, hopefully he'll stop in. The
display setup was pretty interesting, though. Projectors to the rear of the
pit projected onto a translucent material, which the pilots see through a
curved mirror placed in front of the pit. It gives a pretty good impression
of distance. Not sure if anyone here has messed with that type of display
setup or not. Anyway, hopefully I can get my T-38 info scanned soon enough.
I've got tons of detail cockpit pics, some ejection seat pics, and a few new
Dash 1 pages. Oh, and I've got some Dash 1 info from the T-37 as well. I'll
keep you guys posted.

Brian