[simpits-tech] to GENE

Gene Buckle simpits-tech@simpits.org
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 12:41:37 -0700 (PDT)

I'd hazard a guess at $200, but that's if you _really_ needed it.  The
problem isn't what it's genuine worth is, but the the actual demand for
it.  I know of two places that would have more than a passing interest in
it - me and the USAF. :)  Since I've already got one and the USAF DRMO'd
this one, it fairly scrubs clean the available market.

He may find a buyer that collects odd bits (and I say "odd" because only
an F-15 geek is going to properly identify it) of airplane hardware.  He's
also got crating & shipping issues to deal with.  I was once offered a
brand new windscreen (still papered!) for free, but the LTL shipping would
have cost me $1200.  Other shipping methods and shippers are going to be
different from this though.

If I were him, I'd set some strong hooks into his garage wall and hang it
up for posterity.  Alternately, he can build and F-15E cockpit underneath
it and join the rest of us nut cases. :)

Does he have any other F-15 bits?

g.