[simpits-tech] XB-70?

Matt Bailey simpits-tech@simpits.org
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 19:39:38 -0500

Oh I am not planning an XB-70 anytime in the near future, it's just one
of those projects I'd like to MAYBE do after I get a lot of experience
and a complete cockpit or two under my belt. As I said, an XB-70 is well
out of my current resources. I did not know about the restricted access
of the XB-70 though, I thought it was still open to the public. :(

Software, you mean ro drive the instruments etc or to simulate the
XB-70's flight performance? Actually my flight sim of choice is X-Plane,
and an experimental supersonic bomber is right up its alley. In fact, I
made an XB-70 in X-Plane about two years ago or so, and there are I
think 2 or 3 more by other authors. I think this sim even supports
variable dihedral now.

I have found several resources on the web, like a site that has cockpit
pics (it is in Ido's message with the links). Not enough to build a
cockpit from, but helpful for the X-Plane model.

Yes the GA cockpit is definitely the way to go right now, but even that
will have to wait a bit (starting college in the fall). I figure I can
at least start experimenting with control devices, like yoke box,
throttle, etc, and maybe try to do some working instruments using
phidgets.

Have you also built an F-15?

	-Matt Bailey