[simpits-tech] XB-70? some links

Ido Dekkers simpits-tech@simpits.org
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 13:47:52 +0300

general photos   http://www.labiker.org/xb_photos.html
cockpit photos    http://www.wpafb.af.mil/museum/modern_flight/mf37.htm
:)))
NASA archive with cockpit photo and explanation
http://www.dfrc.nasa.gov/gallery/photo/XB-70/
not much info here but a very nice pic of the wings moving
http://www.geocities.com/SouthBeach/Lights/1966/reports/xb70.html
another nice site with a lot of info  http://www.labiker.org/xb70.html
some movies http://www.dfrc.nasa.gov/gallery/movie/XB-70/index.html
more pit pics
http://www.aerospaceweb.org/aircraft/cockpits/xb70/index.shtml
pic of the midair colision
http://users.chariot.net.au/~theburfs/URvalkyrie.html
some books :
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0760305552/theauroraaircraf/103-3029424-9055835

             Marv De Beque
             <mdebeque@woh.r
             r.com>                                                     To
             Sent by:                 <simpits-tech@simpits.org>
             simpits-tech-ad                                            cc
             min@simpits.org
                                                                       bcc

             07/23/2002                                            Subject
             01:42 PM                 Re: [simpits-tech] XB-70?

             Please respond
             to simpits-tech

The only one I know of is in the Dayton Air Force Museum.  It would be very
hard to see into the cockpit since it is way up in the air.  The bird is
huge and it sits like a crane on long legs.

DAFM had, at one time, allowed access to many of their aircraft at one
time,
but the last straw was when some club of flyers came in on a private tour
and someone left with one of the instruments out of a military cockpit.
Since then they do not allow anyone into their aircraft unless it is
specifically designated as an open cockpit (they have two and one is the
F-16A trainer).