[simpits-tech] espianageBay?

Roy Coates simpits-tech@simpits.org
Sun, 21 Jul 2002 21:12:23 +0100 (BST)

On Sun, 21 Jul 2002, Brian Sikkema wrote:

> I was just reading through the Aerospace World section in the July issue of
> Air Force times when I caught this little blurb:
>
> "USAF's Office of Special Investigations is on the trail of a shipment of
> aircraft communications parts that sat in a commercial storage facility for
> 12 years, then wound up on eBay, an Internet auction site. Newsweek magazine
> said it notified the Air Force about the items."
>
> Interesting, no?

Yes - very!

I recall a TV program about an FBI sting operation where they set up a
'surplus' store and waited. It wasn't long before local airbase employee's
were offering them all manner of goodies. The sting came to an end when
they were offered -and took delivery of - 2 F-16 engines !!

The mind boggles - a lot, and far too frequently!

Roy.