[simpits-tech] Farnborough aircraft access?

Darren Beaumont simpits-tech@simpits.org
Sat, 20 Jul 2002 02:57:45 +0100

Derek,

My brother went to the last Farnborough airshow, and there wasn't that many
aircraft open to the public.  Those that were open, obviously had very large
queues.  This was on one of the public days.  Obviously on a trade day there
is less people around and many more aircraft accessible, hence easier to get
a look at them, if you can persuade them you are a potential customer - lol.

As for mockups there are usually a few, from cockpits to complete aircraft.
As for access, it depends on who is displaying the kit.

A pity you weren't over for a 'real' airshow - the 'Flying Legends' display
at Duxford last weekend. Over 3 hours of non-stop piston heaven, finishing
with a 32 aircraft flypast.  Words cannot describe the noise, flying and
atmosphere, but suffice to say it was the best airshow I have ever been to.
Good place to get some parts as well, as a few stalls had panels etc for
sale.

Darren