[simpits-tech] computer suggestions

Ido Dekkers simpits-tech@simpits.org
Tue, 9 Jul 2002 15:41:04 +0300

I don't live in the US so i can't advise on companies, but why not go with
a non brand ?
AS of configuration, go for DDR333 CL2 memory - will speed things up and at
least 512MB if you are going to run any kind of sim on it., also make sure
the board you buy has overheat protection ( chip NOT thermistor) - as of
last week only ASUS and MSI had it.

             Douglas G Lewis
             <dglewis9@juno.
             Sent by:                 Simpits-tech@simpits.org
             simpits-tech-ad                                            cc
             min@simpits.org
                                                                       bcc

             07/09/2002                                            Subject
             03:25 PM                 [simpits-tech] computer suggestions

             Please respond
             to simpits-tech

I'm looking for a new computer and in the past have always used a Pentium
and bought from Dell. However, I'm going to switch over to Athlon this
time. My problem is which company to go with. I've never had problems
with Dell but they don't sell Athlon.  I would appreciate any
recommendations and especially hearing from anyone who had a negative
experience with a company. Thanks in advance.
  Doug