AW: AW: [simpits-tech] Marv's Rudder Pedals - Update

Marv De Beque simpits-tech@simpits.org
Thu, 04 Jul 2002 17:02:03 -0400

Marc,

Well, here are some of the things that are possible, but that doesn't mean
imminent.  All would be high quality replicas, like the gauges.

DED
Fuel Flow Counter
Mil Style Switch Handles for Toggle switches
RWR
Threat Warning Panel Prime
8 by 4 Caution Panel (functional, of course)
HUD (Plexiglass and Side Panels
Gear Handle

These are longer range wish list items:

Eyebrow Lights
ICP Console
Glareshields
Left and Right Front Console Extensions
Left and Right Side Consoles
Right Map Box
Cup Holders ;-)
Ejection Handle
Canopy (light weight version)
Canopy Rails

As far as cost for the center console instruments go, that is way in the air
right now.  I would like to make each instrument fully functional, but I
think the cost would be astronomical.  There will probably be some
discussion on what people would be willing to pay for and what things they
don't mind sacrificing (i.e., the pop out flags on the ADI, etc.).

Yes, the fuel QTY gauge is all but a certainty.  I hope to have some good
news this weekend.  ;-)

Marv