[simpits-tech] Canopy Material

LT1_Z28 simpits-tech@simpits.org
Thu, 04 Jul 2002 05:20:23 -0500

Roy Coates wrote:

> Surely Its kinda hard to do a snap-roll in a Camaro ?
>
> :)

Hard, but a friend of mine learned that it is possible. That particular
car is no longer with us.

I'm building something similar to what would happen if a KR-2S, a
Glassair, and a Vision all had an orgy. X-Plane says it'll fly pretty
good and the construction I have in mind will work nicely with the tools
and knowledge I have onhand, so it's all good. I just have to do all the
math to get the moments and areas just right and make sure the structure
is strong enough. I have a feeling that it'll handle about twice what I
need it to (13.5 g's) since the fuselage has a big ass keel down the
middle and the spar would be at home on a 747.
--
Steve
lt1_z28@swbell.net http://www.mysticz28.org/