[simpits-tech] Canopy Material

Tom Colello simpits-tech@simpits.org
Wed, 03 Jul 2002 14:04:20 -0500

Marv,
It does have alot of the properties that Lexan has but seems to form easier
either cold or with heat and we have never been able to twist polycarbonate
cold like we did this stuff.
I took a piece of 1/8" thick  1" wide by 6" long and cold bent it into a W
shape and flexed the seams 100 times without a break. The bend got so thin
I was able to tear it. It never did break.
How well it will hold shape I don't know. The literature shows a blow
molded piece in the form of a mask with a Pinoccio nose so it must retain
it's shape after molded. I just thought this would solve many problems with
forming canopy's for some of you guys sims.

Tom