[simpits-tech] Starting my new pit shortly :)

LT1_Z28 simpits-tech@simpits.org
Tue, 02 Jul 2002 02:50:21 -0500

This is going to be fun. Full general aviation 'pit, 2 seats, 2 sticks,
center throttle, and a full set of real instruments on the right side
(easier to set it up with the pilot on the right, chopper style). The
best part is the view. Full 360 degrees horizontal and 180 (and then
some) vertical. Built mostly out of foam and glass with some aluminum
and spruce thrown in where it's needed. And I'm not going to stop at the
cockpit. It'll have a full fuselage, tail, wings, and landing gear and
weigh about 750 pounds. It even transports itself when I move, just hop
in, fire up the Lycoming, call the tower... ;)

Seriously, though, I plan on building a 1/4 scale model of it to work
through some of the design issues and I might build a sim for it to help
the test pilot (my dad) get used to flying from the right side again. He
spends most of his time on the left side of a CRJ when he's not at the
academy. Would also be nice to have a full scale mockup of the cabin to
figure out exactly how I want the panel laid out and where everything
needs to go.

So, does anyone have a spare turboprop around 160 horsepower sitting
around? ;)
--
Steve
lt1_z28@swbell.net http://www.mysticz28.org/