[simpits-tech] Head tracking

Brian Sikkema simpits-tech@simpits.org
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 23:07:54

Heheh, eye tracking, now THATS gotta be fun to implement... geez.

The rotating projector idea is a thought I had as well... you know, for when
I win the lottery and wake up the next day with a degree in electrical
engineering.... ;)

Brian

----Original Message Follows----
From: Marv De Beque <debequem@speakeasy.net>
To: simpits-tech@simpits.org
Subject: Re: [simpits-tech] Head tracking
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 17:53:36 -0500

Actually, I'm thinking of rotating the projector as I turn my head, so
it would make perfect sense to do this.  The military did a similar
thing where they projected a low-res 360 degree view and a hi-res
projector was aimed wherever the pilot gazed.  They used a system to
track the eyes, not the head, although.

Marv