[simpits-tech] AIM-9 info

Rod Dale simpits-tech@simpits.org
Wed, 30 Jan 2002 15:20:47 -0800

Hi Ben,

At 06:49 PM 1/28/02 +0800, you wrote:
>Rod ,
>are you going to pop them on the simpits server  ??
>if not can you sling a copy my way please.......

I'm working on putting them on the simpits server.

>I think i'm getting  a rush of blood and might decide to make one , but my
>budget says its gonna be a 1/72 scale aim-9,  any bigger and the bank is
>going to have to increase my overdraft !!

No --- go for full scale :-) I've got my walls and shelves full of RAAF
memorabilia and thought one of these missiles hanging from the ceiling
would really finish it off nicely ! (Thanks Sean).
Also, any imperfections or inaccuracies won't be noticed when it's hung up
high, so you can use any scrap materials you like to build it :-)

>Question  which museum did you visit to get the pics ...

 From Fighter World at Williamtown.
Cheers,
Rod