[simpits-tech] New list!

Gene Buckle simpits-tech@simpits.org
Fri, 25 Jan 2002 09:26:47 -0800 (PST)

By now, most of you should have recieved the welcome message from the list
processing software.

You were subscribed to the new list if you were or currently are a
subscriber to the yahoo groups version of the simpits list.  This change
was made because most of you were getting a lot of spam.  This was mostly
due to Yahoo feeding email addresses to spam houses.

THIS WILL _NOT_ HAPPEN HERE.  I've got the mailing list software
configured to hide email addresses from everyone except the list
moderators. At this time the only list moderators are myself and Derek.
Under no circumstances will I allow the address database to be used for
anything other than the simpits mailing lists.

If you don't want to be subscribed to the simpits list (some of you had
your yahoo member settings set to "No Mail"), you can easily unsubscribe
from the list using the link provided in the welcome email.  You can also
configure the list manager to send you digest versions of the list if that
was your original configuration.  I apologize for not being able to set
the digest option the way you had it, but the "mass add" option didn't
give me that ability.

For those that enjoy the off-topic runs that happen occasionally on the
list, I've set up a new list to handle the traffic.  It's called
"simpits-chat" can you can subscribe to it via this link: