AW: [simpits-tech] some F-16 stuff on ebay

Gene Buckle simpits-tech@simpits.org
Fri, 22 Feb 2002 20:05:56 -0800 (PST)

I can understand that easily.  I know how much my F-15 devours on a
monthly basis.  Simulators, like houses are a hole in the ground in which
your hard earned money is tossed into.  By the bale.

However, he has a much better chance of selling his child into slavery
than he does of getting $250 for a used light-plate.

I think the throttle is *slightly* overpriced.  I've seen quite a number
of them over the past couple of years for sale on eBay and other
venues.  This puts them into the "fairly common" category for me.  The
F-15 throttle quadrant I purchased was the only one I've seen in 7 years
of searching.  THAT is rare. (and I paid a hefty chunk 'o change for it
too)

You might want to let him know that if he's going to build a 100%
authentic F-16C cockpit, he'd better plan on waiting a long time to finish
it.  Some of those parts will be scarcer than hens teeth. :)

g.

--
"I'm not crazy, I'm plausibly off-nominal!"