[simpits-tech] RC Timer delay

Heidner, Troy W simpits-tech@simpits.org
Fri, 22 Feb 2002 15:31:23 -0600

Stig,

That should work, but you'll still have loading factors putting the RC
network on the front end of an RS latch as well.  The good news is (if
you're using the CMOS device that you sent me the data sheet on) the input
impedance of CMOS devices is VERY high.  So your time constant calculations
should be fairly accurate.  Depending on what kind of delay you need, the
latch has a propagation delay of about 75 nS itself(not much, but who
knows!).

Troy