[simpits-tech] Making pcb prototypes

Ross Hutton simpits-tech@simpits.org
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 11:49:23 +1100 (EST)

I thought that anyone doing their own pcb's might be
interested in this.

I've just produced a PCB using a system called "Press
and Peel Blue" and must admit that I'm quite impressed
by the results. It's almost as good as a PCB that I'd
expect from the photographic process that we use at
work, but is simple enough to do at home.

It's a special film that you print onto with a laser
printer and iron onto your copper board. After cooling
you peel away the film and an etchant mask is left on
the board. Etch, wash, scrub the resist off and you're
left with a nice little prototype (mine's a parallel
port AVR programmer).

=====
--
Ross

- Vote for your nominees in our online Oscars pool.