[simpits-tech] Attachments to the simpits list

Wiebe, Alex simpits-tech@simpits.org
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 14:54:09 -0600

------_=_NextPart_001_01C1BA50.BDF93360

I was going to send this just to Gene as a technical enhancement request for
the list, but I'm wondering if this is something we could all try to adhere
to out of courtesy to others.

The attachments are getting almost as bad as the spam... would you agree?

Ideally, attachments would be archived on the simpits sight and the emails
would contain a link to them, however in the mean time, could people post
their images to a web site and just include a link manually?

That last digest was over 35KB! Which isn't much by itself, but this could
get out of hand fast.

As it is, I'm stuck using Outlook via the web and have to go through too
much trouble to copy/paste/uudecode that attachements.

BTW, does anyone know how to turn off html mail for Outlook via the web? I
hate the extra junk that's added to my messages...

Hopefully I'm not off base here.

Thanks,
Alex

------_=_NextPart_001_01C1BA50.BDF93360

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
5.5.2653.12">
<TITLE>Attachments to the simpits list</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I was going to send this just to Gene as a technical =
enhancement request for the list, but I'm wondering if this is =
something we could all try to adhere to out of courtesy to =
others.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>The attachments are getting almost as bad as the =
spam... would you agree?</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Ideally, attachments would be archived on the simpits =
sight and the emails would contain a link to them, however in the mean =
time, could people post their images to a web site and just include a =
link manually?</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>That last digest was over 35KB! Which isn't much by =
itself, but this could get out of hand fast.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>As it is, I'm stuck using Outlook via the web and =
have to go through too much trouble to copy/paste/uudecode that =
attachements.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>BTW, does anyone know how to turn off html mail for =
Outlook via the web? I hate the extra junk that's added to my =
messages...</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Hopefully I'm not off base here.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Thanks,</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Alex</FONT>
</P>