[simpits-tech] Stepper Controller V2.1

Stig Joergensen simpits-tech@simpits.org
Mon, 18 Feb 2002 22:35:57 +0100

> Looks good, Stig

Thanks.

> About the photoprinting, can't you use a regular laser
> printer? Have you
> experience with this. Just wondering.

Nope - but im gonna try with my laser printer.

> I also did a similar design, but after I realised I was
> facing about 250 dig
> inputs, 30 analogs, 170 dig outputs and 20 steppers, I am
> still figuring out
> how to connect all those electronics to one or two pc's.
>
> Any idea's on that?

Use multiplexing, say 4 bits to make an address bus, and 4 bits that
should give you 15 * 4 = 60 io bits then things will look a bit
brighter, the downside is you will only be able to "drive" 4 bits at a
time. this coupled with a USB io device that have 24 IO bits.... now can
can drive 4* 60 = 240 output bits on a single USB device....

Check these:
http://sine.ni.com/apps/we/nioc.vp?lang=US&pc=spec&cid=10213

and for the input, I would suggest clocking them into the pc 8 bit at a
time on the par port. or perhaps use a counter and multiplex them to
serial.... but then Im out of the game again.

/Stig