[simpits-tech] What I've been up to...

Todd Ferrante simpits-tech@simpits.org
Mon, 18 Feb 2002 13:35:54 -0500

Hello all,
It's been awhile since I've posted, so I thought I'd give an update.
Since the changeover to the new list, I've been following things by
reading the archives.  I don't want tons of list emails flooding my
inbox (at least not until I get broadband), so I just check things out
via the web every day.  Since I'm not officially a member, I hope this
message goes through.

I've been spending my free time for a couple months now working on my
machine tools.  My ultimate goal is to put my mill under computer
control so I can make cockpit parts.

My analog Saitek X-36 went south on me near the end of last summer.
I've been being teased by the floating release date of the Cougar ever
since.  A few weeks ago I decided that surfing the web in a really neat
chair was not enough of a reason to keep my cockpit in the limited space
of my apartment.  So, it is dismantled until we move to a house (we're
looking) and get a Cougar (when the stars align).  In the meantime, I'm
bring up my machine tools so I'll be ready for the flurry of cockpit
building when it comes.

In late January, I went to a home machine shop expo in south-central
PA.  I'm planning to go to another one just south of Detroit, MI in late
April.  Anyone interested in coming along is welcome, especially you,
Marv...  Get in touch with me.  I'm not sure I have your new email since
you moved...

Todd F.