[simpits-tech] Re: HUD dimension

Prohm simpits-tech@simpits.org
Mon, 18 Feb 2002 01:18:43 +0700

>Sorry have no hud dimesions?. Had a chance to get some from a MLU
>pit last year at the airshow but ran out of time. I have heard

It's alright, no problem. Finally, Marv helped me converted from his A model
plans. It's done.

>that you may be getting an Aimsworth pit. Is this correct and if
>so when do we see it?

Yes, I bought thier cockpit, the prototype of  the Viper1.
It's not actually correct to C model. The glareshield was molded from A
model,so the edge is shorter than the C and has different curve,look
familiar to your glareshield. I don't mind about this cause it look very
nice,so I will not change anything on it.
The center console also need some modify, the ICP head is too short, but I
made the extender used metal plate to fix this. The ACEII seat look good for
over all,but it has very ugly on the top part of the parachute container
(bag cover), My mom making the new one for me from military clothes.
The shell look great, It's not 100 percent for sure if you measure it, but
it look 100% for me.
I need a few time to fix these small errors, then I will shoot some pics for
you.

Sukit (guy that work with Aimsworth) came to my house last week to asked
some help on approval, I helped him to correct the dimesions of thier ICP
and MFD. He did the exellent job, The MFD is using the dimension that get
from Honeywell's F-16 MFD catalog.  They're got the deal with some LCD
menufacture in Taiwan to produce 5x5 squared LCD.
Only 1 thing in ICP that they will lost the accurate is a 4 ways DED cursor
switch, They made the small cross 4 ways button instead, like you seen in
some game pad, it's look OK.

 --
Prohm Snitwong
prohm@prohm.com