[simpits-tech] G-Suit

Marv De Beque simpits-tech@simpits.org
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 20:34:20 -0500

I did not include volume on my first reply and the reason is that the
system does not rely on volume, but pressure.

Volume will change with the different sized suits and with the way they
are worn (how tight).

The real point to the system is to apply enough force to the lower
extremities to prevent blood pooling.  The system will fill the suit
until a specific pressure is achieved based on G force of the aircraft.

As a builder, you need to be able to supply enough air to inflate the
suit to a desired pressure and to bleed that air off when the G force is
reduced.

Marv