[simpits-tech] G-Suit

c.vanlierop simpits-tech@simpits.org
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 18:14:54 +0100

Hi,

I'm at the moment brainstorming about how to implement a functional G-Suit
in my F16 cockpit (cheaply) so there's some stuff i need to know thet I
don't yet know. I wonder if any of you can help me!?

- What's the maximum volume of air that's blown into the G-Suit (preferably
in Litres, but i can convert if necessary ;-)
- What's the maximum pressure (I have been told 1Psi but don't know how
reliable that info is)
- At what G-load does the G-Suit Kick in?
- Is the pressure built up gradually with increasing G's or is it an On/Off
kind-a-thing?
- How fast does the G-Suit kick in when pulling G's instantly (does it build
up 'slowly' or does it go rockhard in a millisecond)?
- Does anyone know how it works in a real F16: do they use compressed air
from a 'reservoir', does it work with a pump/compressor or maybe a
ballow/pisto kind of device?
- Any other usefull info that I didn't come up with right now....

Thanks in advance guys :-)
Chris "SpeedOne" Van Lierop