AW: [simpits-tech] AW: Buttons & Switches??

Newsletter2BS simpits-tech@simpits.org
Sat, 9 Feb 2002 14:25:32 +0100

Hy Albert,

regarding the knobs, I think one further possibility is existing - it is
called prototyping. Your problem can be solved, if you know one who's able
to machine such parts on a CNC. I think the price per unit should be lower
than 37 bucks per unit. The only thing which has to be done by you or anyone
else is the construction of required knobs with a 3d-software.

The company I worked before, uses software-interpreters to put the 2d and 3d
drawings into a machinereadable code, so it quite easy to convert visual
ideas into "hardware", if you have such a source you can use.

The most suitable solution for my pit-project and my "limited" budget is to
use similar knobs like the ones offered by EHC or other distributor in this
sector. 37 USD are definetelly to much for all the panels I will need.

Nevertheless, any ideas how to built panels, consoles and knobs according
the real ones are appreciated.

Greetings

Ben