[simpits-tech] Progress report on construction

Sukit, Sittisudjatum simpits-tech@simpits.org
Wed, 6 Feb 2002 19:37:56 -0500

Joe,

Please be patient, we're finalizing the production details with our
manufacturer now.  Just want to ensure that things will come out the way
they have to be.

I visited Prohm's home and his baby (yeah, his new pit) last Friday, it was
a wonderful time for almost 4 hours discussion.  We talked about panels...
the viper panel and the coming series of other fighter.  He lighted up the
idea of some additional 'sim' panels,  and that matched with mine to turn
some 'blank' panels into our 'sim' featured ones.  Instead of leaving them
as plain blank aluminum panels, we will incorporate audio features (front,
rear, base, balance, input, output, everything.  And don't worry, our
graphic and audio wizard has done a terrific job again) into one panel, and
sim features (pause, freeze, screen capture, frame rate check, quit game,
etc) into another.  They will look the same way as the other panels they sit
aside.  Moreover, we will have the options for those 'MLU' guys who intend
to build MLU cockpit while we focus on block 50/52.  We have 3 manufacturers
bid for the productions now, and I suppose to get the samples back in next
Monday. The general 5 mm. thickness panels will consist of 2 parts, a base
aluminum plate, and a plastic panel with engraving and baked black paint.
Guys, keep your finger crossed!!!

I saw the prototype of the Viper I cockpit on Tuesday.. Gosh, those seat
accessories (hoses, oxygen cylinder, back plate, etc) and the Cougar mod.
kit almost made me crazy.

Sukit 'Smart' Sittisudjatum
Bangkok, Thailand