AW: AW: [simpits-tech] So you wanna build a HUD, eh?

Darren Beaumont simpits-tech@simpits.org
Wed, 6 Feb 2002 00:12:00 -0000

Gene,

Yep its a Bandit (EMB110 Bandeirante).  Wish it was a business jet though
;-)

Darren

PS I'm off to a salvage yard this weekend, with a new found friend, who's
into collecting aircraft parts, primarily for his Boeing 747 flightdeck out
at his Mother-in-Laws out in the US (Ohio).

-----Original Message-----
From: simpits-tech-admin@simpits.org
[mailto:simpits-tech-admin@simpits.org]On Behalf Of Gene Buckle
Sent: 05 February 2002 23:02
To: simpits-tech@simpits.org
Subject: Re: AW: AW: [simpits-tech] So you wanna build a HUD, eh?

> Woah - you're the guy with the F-15 in the garage %P

*laughs*  Yeah, that's me.  I need to get that printed up on a T-Shirt or
something. :)

Now I'm by no means the only one with "Real Steel" sitting at their house.
Steve Smith has got a 747 flight deck (that sucker dwarfs my poor little
F-15). Justin has a huge piece of DC-8, Ezra, Dave, Matt, & James have
737-200 cockpits (being uprated to glass avionics).  There's a business
jet (Emb. Bandit?  Darren!  Refresh my fading memory! :)) that a Darren in
the UK owns.

I think there are a few more, but I can't recall them now.  Sing out guys!
As far as I know, I've got the only "real" fighter cockpit.  Those
commercial guys have me outnumbered quite badly! :)