[simpits-tech] Head Up Display pics...

Alan D. Mazurka simpits-tech@simpits.org
Tue, 05 Feb 2002 13:36:47 -0500

Hi,

transparent EL, if applied to the HUD glass will not work exactly like a
HUD does.

the focus of 'real' HUD info appears at 'infinity' - that is why you see it
(and the background) in focus at the same time. depending on the distance
to your display, your eyes would have to re-focus to see HUD data on a
transparent EL system.

i'm not sure if the information, itself also occurs at infinity. a symbol
representing a bogie actually appears ON the bogie, no matter how you
orient your head to the view in these types of systems.

the two above phenomena are what really appeal to HUD displays. getting the
two to coincide (in the bogie sense) might be quite the challenge for us
builders.

nonetheless, transparent EL will no doubt have some interesting
applications in home-build.

  - adm -

At 12:16 AM 2/6/02 +0700, you wrote:

>Yeah, For any human refugees that living in 'Tatuiene' planet now, all you
>need is patient. The technology that will be your answer is call
>'Transparent EL', I tracked this stuff years ago and believe it will be
>available soon,
>Cost will not too expensive like a real HUD that difficult to make it work
>if you're not from the planet Enrico mentioned above, Transparent EL is a
>new kind of LCD that will work like a normal LCD and can apply to any flat
>surface like glass or vehicle windshiled.

IMPORTANT: after Jan 31, my ultranet account GOES DEAD!
See below for my new address.

Alan D. Mazurka                    Webspace Design & Implementation
adm.design@verizon.net