[simpits-tech] So you wanna build a HUD, eh?

Gene Buckle simpits-tech@simpits.org
Tue, 5 Feb 2002 11:38:47 -0800 (PST)

Check this out: http://home.att.net/~jim-bean/doc1.htm

I did some digging and found this gents page.  If you go to
http://home.att.net/~jim-bean/doc6.htm you can see the parts he used to
build the HUD.  They were purchased from Edmund Scientific.  This is
exactly the kind of thing you guys need to build a HUD for your cockpit.

BTW, if you build it exactly like he did (using a CGA or Herc mono CRT),
then you can head over to the Timeline, Inc. website (sorry, I don't have
a link) and pick up a 5" CGA/Mono CRT for under $30.

I'm going to contact the author of the page and see if he won't do a
better write up for the simpits website. :)

g.