[simpits-tech] usb keyboards

Sean Galbraith simpits-tech@simpits.org
Wed, 01 Jan 2003 00:43:48 +1300

At 08:15 PM 12/30/02 -0800, you wrote:

>Thanks for the answer Katy. I hoped to hear that. That means all panels
>could be hooked up using a different keyboard but will function as one
>input. This could, will simplify things a great deal.
>
>Ken

Only thing to be aware of is:  If you have a CTRL/ALT/SHIFT pressed on one
keyboard, it affects all others... i.e. If you have CTRL+A pressed on one,
and C on another, the PC will "see" CTRL+A and CTRL+C.   As long as you are
not pressing two buttons simultaneously it should not be a problem though.

Once upon a time I thought about using 3 USB keyboards, one standard, one
with SHIFT hardwired, and the third with CTRL hardwired.... sadly it didn't
work like that :(

Sean.

p.s.  Happy New Year all....and do I get a prize for the first post of
2003?  It is 0043 here in NZ!