[simpits-tech] T-38 Pics - Part Deux

Gene Buckle simpits-tech@simpits.org
Mon, 30 Dec 2002 20:15:01 -0800 (PST)

> I just surfed your site and saw the new cradle you made.That looks alot
> nicer!

Thanks.  Rob and I busted ass on that monster.  It makes getting in and
out of the cockpit SO much easier!

> If you are going to make a rear projection screen as you are in the pics,
> you should make a half circle cut out for the nose so that you can have some
> downward views while sitting at the design Eye position. Its easier to do if
> you stay with a plastic screen, but you can do it with a frame if you attach
> it right. In other words, notch your screen out to allow the screen to
> halfway penetrate the nose. You can then make a frisket mask to occlude the
> area that is blocked by the nose. It will allow for a much more beliveable
> view out the front window.
The screen itself is going to go through quite a few more generations
before it's at that "perfect" point.  Good suggestions though.  Rob is
going to start work on the new frame soon and he might be able to
incorporate that change in the new frame.

What's really neat is that the width of the screen is so wide that it
allows me to use the canopy bow as the clipping frame.  Unless you really
lean forward, you can't see the room.  I do think a partial wrap-around
would add to the visual effect even more.

I have to complete the rebuild of the throttle pots now that I've got the
gears and racks and I really want to rebuild my stick centering mechanism.
Right now, the stick "centerer" is made of bungee cord and steel springs.
It does the job, but just barely.  I'd like to replace it with a
gas-spring system and some new pushrods that are mechanically tighter and
quieter.

 > And when the hell is Lock on going to be released?

The first rule of LOMAC is that you don't talk about LOMAC. :)

g.