Age, was Re: [simpits-tech] RE: F-16 flight

Chris Woodul simpits-tech@simpits.org
Mon, 30 Dec 2002 15:58:12 -0600

Hi John

I get that, and on certain flights I really get it. I am to easily
distracted by the wonder of flight itself I suppose. I defineatly hate the
cattle I have to fly with, and the overworked dis-interested people who are
checking us in.
I did however fly Non Rev for many years ( and still do) and more often than
not, got to fly in first class. I try to fly bussiness class on overseas and
long haul flights, and I choose my airline and departure times and airports
very carefully. I cannot afford my own plane yet, and even then flying as
far as I have to, it wouldnt be effecient yet, so I dont really have a
choice.
I look at it this way...I could be riding a bus and that would really suck!
I am an AOPA member and am familar with that sentiment! Its gotten even
worse for me becuase of September 11th. For some *&cking reason I get picked
for shoe checks and deep diggings in my bags. I am about as far from an
Islamic Terrorist as you can get. This drives me nuts. I am all for
realistic Profiling as well as random searches in airport security. I pray
that the government would let me walk thru the airport and pick and choose
who really might be at risk of being nefarious, I know its NOT little old
ladies sitting in a wheel chair, and its certainly NOT me!

Ok, Im off my soapbox