[simpits-tech] Memory Lane....

Chris Woodul simpits-tech@simpits.org
Mon, 30 Dec 2002 14:59:46 -0600

Hi Brian,

Actually that IS an impresive list! I think most people could not match
that!
I leaned to fly in a C-152, then took my test at the end in a C-172 after
several chech out flights ( the 152 was cheaper to rent so I used if for the
bulk of my training)
My instructor crashed the plane on my second flight, and I got to feel how
it feels to flip upside down in a small plane off the side of the runway...I
dont care to re-live that. My dad made me go up the next day and it ended up
being a good "war" story for me : )
I also got checked out in the Piper Cherokee 140 during college
and then onto a cool plane called a Aviaons Piere Robin which was fully
aerobatic and had sticks.
My father has of course the new AIRCAM, and his Bellanca Super Viking, both
of which are very differnt kinds of flying.
I went to college in Lubbock Texas at Texas Tech University, and back then
there used to be a USAF ATC training base called REESE AFB. In my appartment
complex were several UPT pilot students, and they used to get me and my
roomate out to the simulator building quite alot. I forgot about that until
you mentioned that. I think most home simmers would be supprised at how much
you have to ( pitch) trim a jet.
When do you graduate>? and I take it that you are an ROTC student? What are
you majoring in?
You are going into the Air Force at a really good time, there will be many
slots available to you due to many factors. I wish you the best of luck and
will envy the list of REAL planes that you will be flying in your
future....one day you will forget your home pit, cuase your hands will be
full of the real thing.
As with women, the real thing is always better than any "simulation" ( no
offense to our women members)

Cheers,

Chris W