[simpits-tech] Memory Lane....

Chris Woodul simpits-tech@simpits.org
Mon, 30 Dec 2002 14:47:48 -0600

Hi Stig,

I dont know If I would move just yet...if you will notice alot of that
commercial cockpit time was in the cockpits of NON US airlines. In Europe
anyone with the captains consent can fly in the cockpit  ( this may have
changed due to the events of Sept 11 for obvious reasons) but it did help to
be living in the house holds of the Captians I flew with.
 I will say that the most fun I have been having is in my fathers new
AIRCAM. We spend up to 3 hours flying around Texas at literally 5 feet off
the ground, we pull up for fences and powerlines and obviously trees! Its so
damn much fun cause its safe, and its really a good feeling to fly so low
and so SLOW. You can actually look at things and its almost like being a
bird.To anyone local to DFW that wants to go do this you are welcome to
contact me and Ill arange it.
I going to be doing bussiness soon with a company that has a CHERRY (
perfect) L-39 Albatross. I am going to barter for many flights in it in lieu
of some of the income just because I have airplane sickness. I will probably
fly in it for the first time in January of 03( next month) This time I plan
on NOT EATING AN ENTIRE CANDIAN BACON PIZZA AND A BUNCH OF ROOT BEER, like I
did when I flew that GNAT in California. By the way, thats back when I met
James Hallows, when he was at the THRUSTMASTER BOOTH at the E3 show. I snuck
off from the E3 show with a freind of mine who lives in LA and he took me to
Chino, to the airport there where I met the guy who owned the GNAT.
For the record, I did not thow up until the plane was 40 feet from its
parking lot, and I was man enough to fill my flight suit up instead of
filling up that tiny back seat with ex-pizza! I have flown lots of
aerobatics myself and have never had a problem, but my stomach was full and
I was really excited, and we pulled lots of G's, and thats my excuse and I
am sticking with it.
PS puking into your flightsuit is not a romantic thing to do.....but it
beats cleaning up someone elses cockpit!

Chris