[simpits-tech] Memory Lane....

Brian Sikkema simpits-tech@simpits.org
Mon, 30 Dec 2002 19:41:34 +0000

In light of these revelations, I'd like to read a short statement I've
prepared:

*clears throat*

You SUCK!

LOL, that would be so much fun, I think I'd have to wear a diaper to the
flight just in case. I love to give my dad grief about his obsession with
hoopalopters, but they are definitely cool. My first time flying, ever, in
anything, was in a Bell 47, and I'll never forget it...

When I first got to school this year, just before classes started, I was
setting up my room and I heard a helicopter, nice and close. I ran out and
there was a Coast Guard Dauphin crawling along about 30 feet above the
canal, just over a coast guard boat. They got to the middle of the canal,
and then practiced hauling people up in the basket. Very cool to watch, I
managed to get some decent pics, too. Fun stuff.

Brian

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Chris Woodul" <crewstation1@charter.net>
To: <simpits-tech@simpits.org>
Subject: Re: [simpits-tech] Memory Lane....
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 13:19:10 -0600

While in Jacksonville Florida at the SAFE show where I took my F-111F
Cockpit ( sim) and some of my seat collection, I met some pilots from the
local sheriffs department. They wanted to sit in my Cockpit so I said, "sure
if you will let me go flying in your Helicopter" and the guy thought I was
serious ( I would have let him sit in the cockpit anyway) well long story
short they invited me and my freind Mike to come to the roofttop of the
downtown police station where they would come fly in and pick us up. I had
the funnest nite of my life getting 3 hours in the front left seat on the
first trip, and then  flying in the back for 3 hours in a second helicopter
while Mike sat up front for his "turn". I went on at least four police
chases, got to operate the NITESUN spotlight while circling a neighborhood
for over an hour looking for some punk with an AK-47 who was hiding, as well
as the pilot letting me fly the thing most of the non-tactical time. I even
got to fly along the beach at nite at 100 feet with the spotlight shining on
the waves. On mikes flight we flew with the NVG goggles and did the hunting
that way. I am a fixed wing pilot, but I realy enjoyed getting to fly in
those helicopters that nite for over six hours total. ITs even more fun when
you get to chase bad guys, that made it feel like some sort of combat. The
coolest thing was them letting us fly lot, and that they let me fly up the
river there and hover outside of the waterfront hotel area and then take
pictures. I took almost 100 pictures that nite! I am going back there in a
month or so to do it again, I cant wait!

Chris W

MSN 8 with e-mail virus protection service: 3 months FREE*.
http://join.msn.com/?page=features/virus&xAPID=42&PS=47575&PI=7324&DI=7474&SU=
http://www.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-bin/getmsg&HL=1216hotmailtaglines_eliminateviruses_3mf