[simpits-tech] Control Voltage

simpits-tech@simpits.org simpits-tech@simpits.org
Mon, 30 Dec 2002 08:27:36 -0500

I have been working on my MM5451 setup and instead of using the 5 volts
directly off the printer port to power the lights, I want to use it to switch
a higher voltage setup (12 volts) so I draw the mim. power from the computer.
The local computer junkshop has offered to help be build such a circuit.
In summary usung 5 VDC as my control cricuite to switch a higher voltage
(12 VDC) which will wire directly to the lights.

1. Has anyone done this ?
2. Would anyone be inerested in such a circuit ?
3. What should I expect to pay ?

Each circuit would have approx. 70 switch ports (if that is the right word)

Kiko