[simpits-tech] Adapter Parts

Brian Sikkema simpits-tech@simpits.org
Sun, 29 Dec 2002 22:19:29 +0000

Yeah, see, I'm gonna try to build a box to go straight from the military to
the computer. Also, as I mentioned, once I have that down I can probably
work out military-to-civilian and civilian-to-military as well.

The good news is, Shotgun Bob, the guy I'm dealing with, has said he can
hook me up with a microphone as well! This deal is getting sweeter by the
minute! :) Now if I can get it built, I just gotta find a good source for
all the parts, and I can start turning out these boxes as well.

Brian

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Joseph Fagner" <crease-guard@attbi.com>
To: <simpits-tech@simpits.org>
Subject: RE: [simpits-tech] Adapter Parts
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 11:21:38 -0600

Brian, I built the box of the diagram you sent me and it does work for a
military connector.  My helmet and O2 mask have military mics and
speakers.  I had to buy some plugs that would convert military impedance
to civilian aircraft impedance.  Now that I have that, I built the box
to convert the civilian signal to a sound card signal.  I hooked
everything up and bingo, worked like a top.  The only thing is, you
can't split the signal to drive your desktop speakers and the speakers
in your headset.  You can only drive the speakers in your headset.

I don't know what kind of mic the C-130 guy is using, but mine is the
typical mic you find in oxygen masks.