[simpits-tech] backlit panels 101

Ido Dekkers simpits-tech@simpits.org
Sun, 29 Dec 2002 09:28:41 +0200

Hi again,

Finally found a source for ALU plates, though 1.4mm not 1.778mm as should
be, but it's only test panels,
the only thing I'm missing is the diameter of the dzus holes.

Thanks

Ido

             Marv De
             Beque
             <mdebeque@                                                 To
             woh.rr.com         <simpits-tech@simpits.org>
             >                                                          cc
             Sent by:
             simpits-te                                            Subject
             ch-admin@s         Re: [simpits-tech] backlit panels 101
             impits.org

             06/23/2002
             12:04 AM

               Please
             respond to
             simpits-te
             ch@simpits
                .org

1) 0.530"

2) They can't be mounted to the back plate because they are too long.  That
may not make sense, but the buttons have the same mounting hole as a
switch,
but the height of the square button is too high.

I had to machine a block as shown in the attached file.  It back sets the
switch so the button is at the right height.

3)  I don't know.  However, all of the panels I have seen are painted black
everywhere that you do not want light to shine.  Underneath is a coat of
white.