[simpits-tech] Resistor for LEDs?

Stig Joergensen simpits-tech@simpits.org
Thu, 26 Dec 2002 04:23:07 +0100

Ben

I agreee, but it was my understanding that it was a computer PSU but the
PSU is not going to be used in the computer anymore....

and on a side note.... you will not find a more stable PSU (ripple/noise
wise) than that from a computer - and most of them have a rather big
current capacity (more than 25A on 5v and more than 8A on 12V)

/Stig

-----Original Message-----
From: Ben Jones [mailto:bjones@pipecomp.com.au]
Sent: 25. december 2002 15:29
To: simpits-tech@simpits.org
Subject: Re: [simpits-tech] Resistor for LEDs?

Guys,

Can i suggest from a electrical background , not using your computer
power
supply to power led's and there associated resistors,
for the simple factor that if you have a "misfortune" with a led or
associated wiring having a blow out or melt down , this could cause the
power supply to your pc to either fail or cause dammage to the boards if
spike was created.