[simpits-tech] Resistor for LEDs?

Stig Joergensen simpits-tech@simpits.org
Mon, 23 Dec 2002 20:18:13 +0100

Mike

q1:

do you know this law: U=R*I that is Voltage = Risistance * Amps

you need a voltage drop of 5-3.2 = 1.8v and the amps is about 18ma this
will give you 1.8 = R * 0.018 eg. R = 1.8/0.018 = 100 ohm

q2: i dont understand what you are asking?

/Stig

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Williams [mailto:mikewilliams3@comcast.net]
Sent: 23. december 2002 19:53
To: simpits-tech@simpits.org
Subject: [simpits-tech] Resistor for LEDs?

Going to be using a PC power supply for my LEDs for my pit, using the 5v
line, what
resistor would I use to bring the voltage and amps down to 3.2v, second
part
of the question, if I feed a terminal strip with the 5v line to feed all
the
lines to the LEDs, (panel backlighting) could I use just one on the
incoming
5v line, or would I use them on all lines from the terminal strip to
each
LED, sorry if this question is simple, I'm just not much of an
electronics
guy.
Thanks