[simpits-tech] Vero/Prototype board layout programs?

Marv De Beque simpits-tech@simpits.org
Sat, 21 Dec 2002 21:15:38 -0500

I think we call that vector board in the US.

If so, it works, but you need to hand wire the boards point to point.  Takes
a lot of time to do and making changes or fixes is not easy.

I just finished a batch of boards using photo emulsion system by MG
Chemicals.  It seems intimidating, at first, but the results were
outstanding!

All you need is a laser printer or access to a laser printer.  Print the
circuit reversed or mirrored on a clear acetate (overhead projector sheets)
sheet.

Tape the unprinted side to a piece of clean glass.

You need a darkroom with a red light or yellow bug light.

Lights out!  Buglight on.  ;-)

Peel the protective plastic film off of a pre-sensitized copper clad board.

Lay the glass with the acetate side down on the copper board.

Expose to a florescent lamp about 10" away for 8 minutes.

Turn lamp off and place board into the developer solution for a few minutes.
Gently swirl.  Oh, and don't forget to agitate the developer tray once in a
while when your busy swirling.

Done - lights on!

Rinse the board in cold water and throw into an enchant tank.

You can even buy something called Tinnit to tin the foil after it is done
etching.

I had traces as small as 0.005" in perfect order after I got done.

I'll not go back to point to point wiring again.

Marv