[simpits-tech] EPIC programming

Dave Hensley simpits-tech@simpits.org
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 17:42:26 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C2A13C.AB6CA910

Hey guys,

I hope everyone is doing well with the holidays approaching. :-)

I have a question on programming an EPIC setup. This may qualify as =
"hand-holding" but I need help getting started with this thing. The docs =
I have don't help me and they also seem to be focused on the ISA EPIC =
and pre-Epicenter software. I have the USB EPIC card with one expansion =
card, and one EMDA card. Initially I will only be using pushbuttons and =
toggle switches with the card. What would I need in the EPL file to =
initialize one row of switches connected to the EMDA?

Also, I have a USB joystick. Do I still need an analog stick connected =
to the expansion card for everything to work correctly? I feel that this =
should not be this complicated, but none of the attempts I have made =
have worked. If someone has a similar setup and could send me a small =
example of a EPL -or- if someone is willing to right a small EPL program =
that shows how I define the EMDA card, it would mean a lot.=20

Sorry to pester the group with this, but if I can just understand how to =
start programming this thing, I think I can eventually figure it out.=20

Thanks!!

Dave
------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C2A13C.AB6CA910

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hey guys,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I hope everyone is doing well with the =
holidays=20
approaching. :-)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I have a question on programming an =
EPIC setup.=20
This may qualify as "hand-holding" but I need help getting started with =
this=20
thing. The docs I have don't help me and they also seem to be focused on =
the ISA=20
EPIC and pre-Epicenter software. I have the USB EPIC card with one =
expansion=20
card, and one EMDA card. Initially I will only be using pushbuttons and =
toggle=20
switches with the card. What would I need in the EPL file to initialize =
one row=20
of switches connected to the EMDA?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Also, I have a USB joystick. Do I still =
need an=20
analog stick connected to the expansion card for everything to work =
correctly? I=20
feel that this should not be this complicated, but none of the attempts =
I have=20
made have worked. If someone has a similar setup and could send me a =
small=20
example of a EPL -or- if someone is willing to right a small EPL program =
that=20
shows how I define the EMDA card, it would mean a lot. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Sorry to pester the group with this, =
but if I can=20
just understand how to start programming this thing, I think I can =
eventually=20
figure it out. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks!!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Dave</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C2A13C.AB6CA910--