[simpits-tech] DZUS rail & fastener, 3D AutoCAD

joab ryan simpits-tech@simpits.org
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 14:31:51 -0800 (PST)

There is an command called "align" if you get familiar
with that it will help u in the 3D world.also
"rotate3d"
Surface commands like Rulesurf, edgesurf and mesh are
one way of doing the Hull.

--- "Sukit, Sittisudjatum" <SukitS@state.gov> wrote:
> I once checked the price of the rail and fastener
> from a regional
> distributor in Singapore.  The rail costs US$130
> (10ft.), the fastener will
> cost US$4.10 each.
>
> I also work on 3D AutoCAD for my viper pit.  The
> easiest way (at least for
> me) is to draw all the parts from 2D polylines.
> Then we'll have drawing for
> cutting plans.  Make copies and keep the original,
> then "Extrude" those
> polylines to the thickness you intend to use on the
> real parts (MDF 6mm., 10
> mm., 12 mm. etc).  Then use UCS commands with flip,
> rotate for the assembly.
> If some mis-alignment, or wrong dimensions -> go
> back to the original
> drawings, make correction, and insert them to the 3D
> drawings.
>
> The only problem I have now is working with surface
> (of the hull).  I have
> to read and practice more to be good at the related
> commands.
>
> Sukit Sittisudjatum
> www.thaiflight.com <http://www.thaiflight.com/>
>
> Bangkok, Thailand