[simpits-tech] EpicMapper releases FDS compatible steel backing panels

Marc Teichtahl (mteichta) simpits-tech@simpits.org
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 12:33:37 +0100

Dear All,

In building our own cockpit we discovered the whilst plexi glass is a
prefect material for building backlit panels it doesnt offer the level
of strength required. To address this we have created a backlit
compatible solid steel 2mm backing panel.

These panels are specifically designed to compliment the amazing panels
from Flight Deck Solutions

To use these panels simply mount the FSD panel then the FDS plexi to
this backer and you will have a strong stand alone MCP front panel.
There is no need anymore for complex back stands to hold the plexi. This
will simplify the overall construction and internal cabling.

For More information please see
http://www.epicmapper.com/Pages/en/Products/MCP%20Backer/MCPBacker.htm

Additional backers will be created over time at customer request.

We currently plan to offer a pedestal unit in the comming weeks.