[simpits-tech] Monitor question

Alan D. Mazurka simpits-tech@simpits.org
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 10:13:52 -0500

--=====================_1018346==_.ALT

Hi,

even AGP4X?? people sometimes mix AGP with AGP2X, 4X, etc.

i _think_ i understand what you are saying, but hope our correspondence is
not confusing the less graphically sophisticated out there.

my comments were only meant to help those less sophisticated folks who
might try to plug multiple graphics cards into computers expecting serious
performance, only to end up with beaucoup problems.

readers understand: Ido is talking about 2D performance.

thanks,

  - adm -

At 09:02 AM 12/10/02 +0200, you wrote:

>I know all that but still the data throughput on the AGP bus is not even
>remotely near what the new cards need so acceleration wise, it doesn't
>matter if you put an AGP or PCI because the only memory that matters is the
>on board ( card ) memory.
>In the Old cards that didn't need that much memory throughput the AGP
>helped a bit.
>
>and as long as you have the latest drivers you can even use different card
>types ( talking about 2D now) , i used an nVidia mx2 and an old 4MB ATI
>with no problem at all.
>
>Ido

----------

Alan D. Mazurka                    Webspace Design & Implementation
adm.design@verizon.net

--=====================_1018346==_.ALT

Hi,<br><br>
even AGP4X?? people sometimes mix AGP with AGP2X, 4X, etc.<br><br>
i _think_ i understand what you are saying, but hope our correspondence
is not confusing the less graphically sophisticated out there.<br><br>
my comments were only meant to help those less sophisticated folks who
might try to plug multiple graphics cards into computers expecting
serious performance, only to end up with beaucoup problems.<br><br>
readers understand: Ido is talking about 2D performance.<br><br>
thanks,<br>
&nbsp;<br>
&nbsp;- adm -<br><br>
At 09:02 AM 12/10/02 +0200, you wrote:<br><br>
throughput on the AGP bus is not even<br>
remotely near what the new cards need so acceleration wise, it
doesn't<br>
matter if you put an AGP or PCI because the only memory that matters is
the<br>
on board ( card ) memory.<br>
In the Old cards that didn't need that much memory throughput the
AGP<br>
helped a bit.<br><br>
and as long as you have the latest drivers you can even use different
card<br>
types ( talking about 2D now) , i used an nVidia mx2 and an old 4MB
ATI<br>
with no problem at all.<br><br>
Ido</blockquote>
<x-sigsep><p></x-sigsep>
<hr>
Alan D.
Mazurka&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
Webspace Design &amp; Implementation<br>
adm.design@verizon.net&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>