[simpits-tech] A new pit builder "BigLntx"!

Wombat simpits-tech@simpits.org
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 11:22:52 +1100

Hi Simmers,

This is a follow up to my previous email. A couple of days ago a
chap callled "BigLntx" contacted me via email and sent some pics
of his construction(mostly from real parts). I have uploaded the
three pics for your perusal and quickly replied to his email with
the following questions.

Hi "BigLntx" can I please ask some questions;

1. What is the hull made off?
Answer: Aluminum

2. How heavy is it pit?
Answer: Have not weight it yet, but with the wheels on bottom,I
can move it with one hand.

2. Are the panels real or replicas?
Answer: About 90% of the panels are real. All switches are real
and fully functional.

3. Do the instruments/switches interface to Falcon4/Efic?
Answer: Did not interface.

4. Is this a commercial pit or your own design?
Answer:  Own design. either found parts or from prints.

5. Do you have plans/measurments you can/will share or I can
purchase them?.

Answer: Have some prints. Some from checking out bone yard or
museum.

6. Is this a one off .. can it be easily reproduced? If so are you
considereing making it commercially avaliable?

answer: One of. Could possible be reproduced. Will not
commercialize.

7. Have you considered motion platforms?

Answer: No motion platform.

8. What is the function of canopy?

Answer:I will paint it black. I am going to make the cockpit NVIS.
Reason for black paint is to duplicate night inside cockpit. When
I don't want NVIS, I leave the canopy open.

9. With canopy on do you have air cond.?
Answer: Put commercial fans inside and hooked them to the AC
panel. Keeps it quite cool. All lighting will work NVIS and are