[simpits-tech] (no subject)

Ian Grant simpits-tech@simpits.org
Sun, 8 Dec 2002 23:15:38 -0500

Apologies for not getting back to anyone sooner; I just found that book.
It's called "Race Car Chassis Design and Construction" by Forbes Aird,
published by MBI. ISBN is 0-7603-0283-9.

/Ian

-----Original Message-----
From: simpits-tech-admin@simpits.org
[mailto:simpits-tech-admin@simpits.org] On Behalf Of Ian Grant
Sent: Tuesday, November 26, 2002 11:19 PM
To: simpits-tech@simpits.org
Subject: RE: [simpits-tech] (no subject)

The basic problem in stopping racking (as it's called in table
construction) is in the bracing. I can recommend a couple of books on
car chassis design. Unfortunately only one comes to hand; I'll keep
looking for the other one (I'm building some bookcases and storage
cabinets for the Missus, and my books and magazines, which have got
somewhat out of hand... :-? )

Racecar Chassis Design and Engineering, written by Forbes Aird.
Published by MBI in 1997. ISBN is 0-7603-0283-9.
http://www.motorbooks.com

The other book is something "Chassis Engineering"; it's a similar format
(8.5" x 11").

I heard good things about both books and got them some time ago, mainly
because I was thinking of a motion platform.

I also an interesting site sometime ago for a motion platform based on
air-pressure. I believe it was supplied from a vacuum cleaner. I think
the person was selling the plans for about $40 (US, if memory serves).

Hope this helps and I'll try and find that other book!

/Ian